North Standing Rule
To encourage travel and high caliber competition for youth racing in Southern California at the major bays for the Naples Sabot dinghy.
Sponsor and Rules
- SCYYRA is the title sponsor of the series.
- Individual clubs will host each regatta. Sailing instructions, protest decisions, and official results of each host club shall be used as a basis to score.
- US Sailing and specific class rules (including membership requirements) shall apply to all races unless otherwise noted in particular race instructions.
- The Series is open to junior sailors under the age of 19 and who have not yet entered college. To be eligible for the SCYYRA North Series Perpetual Trophy participants must be members of a current SCYYRA organization.
- A participant must enter each separate regatta in the series with the individual host club.
- To enter the Series, participants must complete the Series entry form at www.scyyra.org.
- A participant may enter the series at the first or second scheduled regatta, but no later than the start of the first race of the second regatta.
- An entry fee of $30.00 per sailor shall be charged for the series and collected before the sailor shall be scored.
- Only those regattas where an individual raced in the Sabot “A” Fleet will count towards the series scores.
The series will consist of up to four scheduled regattas when possible during the school year (Sept - June).
- The North Perpetual Trophy is a silver cup (110” high) placed upon a wood base (7” x 7” x 7”). The cup is engraved “1968 SDAYC Olympic Regatta First Place”.
- The North Perpetual Trophy shall be awarded at the end of the last event of the series to the sailor who has the lowest cumulative point score for the scheduled regatta using the scoring system explained below.
- The Perpetual trophy shall be kept at the United States Sailing Center Long Beach (USSCLB) or at a place determined by the SCYYRA Board of Directors. The names of the winning helmsman and crew shall be engraved on the trophy.
- Take home trophies shall be awarded to the top number of finishers in the series.
- North Series scoring shall be based on the official results of each race tabulated only against other North Series entrants.
- North Series scoring shall be in accordance with US Sailing Appendix A9.
- For the North Series a DNC is defined as not registering for a North Regatta and shall be scored the number of entries in the North Series plus one.
- Ties will be broken using US SAILING Appendix A. If a tie still exists, the winner shall be the yacht ahead in the final race that the two participating yachts both started.
- Throwout races will be incorporated into the series scoring with the following formulas:
- If 14-15 races are completed, there will be 1 throwout
- If 16-17 races are completed, there will be 2 throwouts
- If 18-19 races are completed, there will be 3 throwouts
- If 20 or more races are sailed, there will be 4 throwouts
Modified 11 September 2012