Hamlin Standing Rule
To encourage travel and high caliber competition for youth racing in Southern California at major venues for the 29er double-handed skiff.
Sponsor and Rules
- SCYYRA is the title sponsor of the series.
- Individual clubs will host each regatta. Sailing instructions, protest decisions, and official results of each host club shall be used as a basis to score.
- US Sailing and specific class rules (including class membership) shall apply to all races unless otherwise noted in particular race instructions.
- The Series is open to junior sailors under the age of 19 and who have not yet entered college. To be eligible for the SCYYRA Hamlin Series Perpetual Trophy participants must be members of a current SCYYRA organization.
- A participant must enter each separate regatta in the series with the individual host club.
- To enter the Series, participants must complete the Series entry form at www.scyyra.org
- A participant may enter the series at the first or second scheduled regatta, but no later than the start of the first race of the second regatta.
- An entry fee of $30.00 per sailor shall be charged for the series and collected before the team shall be scored.
The series will consist of up to four (4) scheduled regattas when possible during the school year (Sept - June).
- The Perpetual trophy shall be awarded at the end of the last event of the series to the helmsman & crew who has the lowest cumulative point score for the scheduled regattas using the scoring system explained below.
- Take home trophies shall be awarded to the top finisher(s) in the series.
- The Perpetual trophy shall be kept at the United States Sailing Center Long Beach (USSCLB) or at a place determined by the SCYYRA Board of Directors. The names of the winning helmsman and crew shall be engraved on the trophy.
- The winning helmsman and crew in the series shall be awarded the Hamlin Perpetual Trophy. A “take home” trophy shall be awarded to both winning helmsman & crew.
- Series scoring shall be based on the official results of each race tabulated only against other Hamlin Series entrants.
- Helmsman and crew will be scored separately. They may sail with another partner, however that sailor must meet the standing rules requirements, and be entered in the Hamlin Series for the scores of that event to count.
- Series scoring shall be in accordance with US Sailing Appendix A9.
- For the Series a DNC is defined as not registering for a Regatta and shall be scored the number of entries in the Series plus one.
- Ties will be broken using US SAILING Appendix A. If a tie still exists, the winner shall be the yacht ahead in the final race that the two participating yachts both started.
- Throw out races will be incorporated into the series scoring with the following formulas:
- If 10 races are completed, there will be 1 throw out
- If 14 races are completed, there will be 2 throw outs
- If 18 races are completed, there will be 3 throw outs
- If 22 or more races are sailed, there will be 4 throw outs
Modified 11 September 2012