To encourage travel and high caliber competition for youth racing in
Southern California at the major bays for Lasers with Radial Rig.
SPONSOR AND RULES
1. SCYYRA is the sponsor of the series.
2 Individual clubs will host each regatta. Sailing instructions, protest
decisions, and official results of each host club shall be used as a basis
3. ILCA and US Sailing rules shall apply to all races unless otherwise
noted in particular race instructions.
4. To enter the series, a participant must fill out the Frost Series entry
form and mail to the Frost Series chairman of SCYYRA. A participant may
enter the series at the first or second scheduled regatta, but no later
than the start of the first race.
5. An entry fee for the Frost may be required (this is separate from each
regatta entry fee).
6. Only those regattas where an individual raced in Laser Radial Fleet
will count towards the series.
The series will consist of up to four (4) scheduled regattas when possible
during the school year (Sept.-June).
1. The Frost perpetual trophy is a Plexiglass design mounted on a base.
2. The Frost perpetual trophy shall be awarded at the end of the last
event of the series to the junior who has the lowest cumulative point
score for the scheduled regattas using the scoring system explained below.
3. Take home trophies shall be awarded to the top number of finishers in
4. The perpetual trophy shall be kept for that year in the Yacht Club of
the winning skipper. It the club does not have adequate facilities to
retain the trophy, it shall then reside at a place determined by the
SCYYRA Board of Directors.
1. Frost series scoring shall be based in the official results of each
regatta tabulated only against other Frost Series entrants. The US Sailing
Scoring System, Appendix A of the Racing Rules, using the lowpoint points
schedule, will apply.
2. Each yacht finishing a race and not thereafter retiring or being
disqualified shall score points equal to her finishing position. Lowest
3. DNF and yachts which retire before finishing will score the number of
unpenalized finishers, plus 1.
4. DNS and DSQ will score number of yachts registered, plus one, for the
5. DNC (did not compete in a particular regatta) shall be equal to the
total number of entries in the series.
6. Throwout races will be incorporated into the series scoring with the
If 14-15 races are completed, there will
be 1 throwout
If 16-17 races are completed, there will
be 2 throwouts
If 18-19 races are completed, there will
be 3 throwouts
If more than 20 races are sailed, there
will be 4 throwouts